Thursday, May 26, 2011

THE CELEBRATION

"When three or more gathered in my name I am with them."



Its Sunday again, I have duty to our sub-parish. The usual time is 6:30 in the afternoon but this day is different its because the mass will start as early as 6:00 pm. Since the time was change the parishioners was not well informed. So when the priest arrived, he want to start already. This priest is always consistent as being early. For him time is so precious. He said " let's start". But still there is no mass attendees yet. But only mass servers. For a minute , one family arrived, there are five members. The priest repeat "let's start". I'm still laughing silently because he don't care if nobody will listen to him. It's like he talk and it echoes to other side of the wall. The mass started, it is composed of one altar server, two lectors, five choir members, the priest and the five mass attendees.

I giggle with myself, but as the mass started... I honor this priest because he is firm with his words and actions.Its my first time to experience the celebration that only servers and five mass attendees. During the mass the word echoes "When three or more gathered in my name I am there." When its my turn to read the readings, still I control myself to laugh with the scene. What I put in my mind is I will read just I read to a thousand of people. That they may hear God's message for them. The funny celebration I thought became a solemn celebration. God is good. This five mass attendees are so blessed because they are the special guest. The number of attendees doesn't hinder the perfect celebration. It is one of the most happiest, solemn and unforgettable celebration I'll treasure for the rest of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable comments.