Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Greatest Job Offer

I came from a poor family, but when I’ll say my last name and my ancestors’ elders said I came from a rich clan. Whatever the real score is, since I was young we live in poverty, and from this stage my mind molded to think that nobody could help you but yourself. Since then I work on my own as young as seven years old I grew up working in the farm. Although my father’s prides disagree with what I’m doing I still do it because I enjoy doing it and I strive to be successful. I remember then we harvest seasonal vegetables, tomato, legumes, squash, and corn and the likes under the sun I enjoy doing it, because of this I could feel and see the bountiful blessings of God. You could smell the fresh air touch the fresh, colorful fruits and vegetable, what a wonderful day that was simple life, harmonious with nature. And when its “palay” harvest time usually September to December, here the “Hanging Amihan” hmmmmmm… with just a breath its food of the young soul I’m full. I miss those moments playing in the mountain of hay, riding in a cart pulled by carabao. Roosters serve us our alarm clock as early at the dawn we wake up said a little prayer, drink coffee made up of rice another exciting day. But challenges started to double like my age. Crops slow down because of climate change. Farming died and most of our neighbors try their luck from other country and some succeed some loss. From that moment I promised myself I won’t live my country for better or for worst. When its harvest time we pick up every grain of “palay” that was fall and leave by the farmers, every grain is gold at the mountain of hay we sort the “palay” from the empty ones. And we could collect and save one sack of “palay”. I’m thankful that I came to see the native “bayo” a process of removing the cover of palay to become rice ready to it. Even folks started to perspire a lot they still could sing, laugh and shared beautiful stories, this I learn to value my native folks that’s full of colorful tradition, stories, myths, riddles and poems. After this stage even it’s hard for me I have to leave our village to continue my study from other town. Blood and tears is the exchange of my dream, there are sleepless night only tears and sob wipe my loneliness. At fifteen years of age I learned to conquer my fear and loneliness and persevere not only for myself but also for my family. In exchange of my study I become a servant in nearby relatives. I do the washing of clothes, cleaning the house as well as the piggery, cooking, despite of all this things its not enough, I could also hear hurtful words its like in exchange of my studies is my whole life. On the later part I’m thankful for this experiences and difficult person because of them I grew better than before and strive to do my best.

When my father curse me I learned to be stronger, independent, and fearless in order to earn a living because I was stow away , live with the foreign place and faces, I work even in a small salary to earn a living. I became a nanny, saleslady, vendor, but I said to myself I don’t want to stay on this situation. I try my luck on different places I became a talent at TV shows but became tired. I question myself what really makes me happy and satisfied. This I discover serving and evangelizing people from all walks of life. But then I feel tired also and questioning if there is God and it came to a point that I don’t believe in God coz despite of all this sufferings and sacrifices I feel abandoned. But despite of my uncertainties God loves me and gave me angels who become an instrument for me to return to my faith. And now I could say I was molded and train in a farm to pick up the souls who once in their life fall down from the fit of sin. Once a broken pot, so that in my brokenness I could water the heart of those heart who feel abandoned. A salesperson to market that I a doubtful, backslider tested and proven that God is a living God, a merciful, loving Father for all of us whom He created. For you God offer you the best job suited for you grab it or else it will give it to any body. This job is a limited offer sign now or else you will miss the opportunity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable comments.