Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Precious Gifts



    Christmas is in the air, since it's Christmas I want to reminisce the gifts that I received.
These gifts are worthless because you couldn't buy them anywhere. One of the precious gift that I received  is a trumpet made of coconut leaves handmade by my Father. Second is a doll made of cloth handmade by my Mother. I asked them gifts like those of my playmates but what they gave is so precious that even in my adulthood I still remember so vividly; how my Father passionately made a trumpet and I saw the process with my own eyes and even  my mother how she gathered pieces of cloth and sewn it with her own hand. But most of all is the gift of friendship; I received this gift to the awesome people that I met on my journey. It is the gift that I treasure most, that when they're gone I couldn't help but miss them. I am a master  of my emotion, I know how to control and hide it. But then, I'm still human and anytime I miss my friends I burst into tears. Especially when they migrate to other place or gone eternally.




     As early as five I learned to detached myself  with the so called BFF when my closest playmate died at an early age. My family always transfer from one place to another. That's why I told to myself, there is no permanent only change, so don't be too attached with  the place things and person. But since I am a healthy human being with feelings I disobey the rules that I made. The latest friends that I  treasure most already migrated from other country. It is an honor that before they leave I have this unusual encounter with them. First is Ponky, second is Diana, third is Nette. They both migrated to other country for good. But every time I miss them I always remember the good times that we've been together especially the last one. I also remember Ate Donna,Cherry and Jennifer most of the time I lit a candle and pay tribute to them. Even in a short span that I met them I learned valuable lessons just listening to them.
     Friendship is the most vulnerable and most precious gift that I treasure, aside from our  family they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. If blood is thicker than water friends are incomparable.They are my extended family.
     One of the most valuable lesson that I learned through listening to them is the rule of family in molding a precious people and awesome friends. What we have in common is that we need family where we belong. As Christmas come pay tribute to your family, don't be a stranger to them. Because Christmas is a symbol of oneness of family relationship. May we be guided by the light that come from our Savior Jesus Christ. Blessed Christmas to All!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable comments.